Determining The Size Of Your Tent
Trying to figure out what size tent you'll need for your next wedding or event may seem like a daunting task. Luckily, the rental industry has developed standard formulas to help make this job easier.
A few things to consider before doing the math are:
- What type of event is it? For weddings, will ceremony or row seating be required?
- What is the maximum number of guests that could be present at the same time?
- Weather is a big factor. If it begins to rain, everybody will want to be under cover & dry.
- Is there is going to be a bar or beverage station?
- How will the food be served or eaten? The shapes and sizes of buffet and dining tables must be considered.
The standard formulas for determining square footage are:
- Dance floor - 5 square ft per person (not everyone will dance, so allow for half of the guests).
- Bar area - 100 square ft.
- Buffet/beverage station - 100 square ft. for every 50 people.
- Seated dinner 8' Banquet Tables - 10 square ft. per person.
- Seated dinner 5' Round Tables - 12 square ft. per person.
- Band area - 10 square ft. per person
- DJ area - 100 square ft.
- Ceremony/Row style seating - 7 square ft. per person.
These formulas will help to give a clearer picture of the size and layout of what you will need, as well as the impact on your event's budget.